In these uncertain times we wanted to reach out to all our clients to remind you that we are here to offer support and guidance over the next few months, and update you on the further information and guidance that has been provided by the government.
The government has set out a package of temporary measures to support businesses including:
• a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
• deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
• a Self-employment Income Support Scheme
• a Statutory Sick Pay relief package for small and medium sized businesses (SMEs)
• a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
• small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
• grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
• the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
• a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
• the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme (call 0800 015 9559)
We have attached further guidance and information on the above to assist you and your business, please click to view:
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
Deferring VAT and income Tax Payments
Self-employment Income Support Scheme
Statutory Sick Pay Package
Rates Relief and Grants for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Businesses
Grants for Small Businesses
Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
For full details please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
As you will no doubt already be aware, to protect the health and wellbeing of all of our team, we have been working remotely from 23rd March. We will continue to complete your accounts, VAT, payroll and tax returns in a timely manner as always. However, if you and your people are working remotely and / or struggling to keep your records straight then please let us know. We can install a variety of Cloud based solutions to help, and if you are able to scan and email documents to us, we are able to support you by processing them.
If you need anything let us know. Our business depends on your business and we must all pull together during the next few weeks.
Take care and stay safe.